Monday, September 22, 2014

Last, But Never Least.

As I come here often to write about no other than myself. Dragging you with pointless groups of alphabets, stories that only some makes sense to the mind and about no other than my mediocre, narcissists self. But today I sit down here with hot coffee, my face against the LEDs, to write about another. My dad.

My dad, my father, my hero, my saviour. Exactly today half a century ago you were brought out into this world. And for whatever purpose it served one of them being lead to you, becoming a father, to me. And there is honestly no better job you do than it. 

You often remind me that I don't know how it feels because I don't have kids of my own to worry upon. And I wouldn't know until I had some of my own. That's where you are wrong. I do know how it feels. I know how your palms sweat every time you see your daughter setting herself at the outside world of cruelty you think she is not already aware of. Because you know the kind of people out there and you know what they are capable of doing to her. You don't want her to be familiar with the bitterness you have tasted, and the taste lingers at the tip of your tongue. I know your body shivers every time you think of your once little, pure princess overgrowing her tiaras and glitter skirts replacing them with eyeliner and ripped jeans. You want the world to see her as how you do. But unfortunately, that often differs.

Because I do, I do. And I think about it at least once a day. Being a dad isn't all a simple task but you ace at it. Although I don't give you much credit for, because you deserve the world, I am aware of all you have done for me and they are infinite. 

And I too often remind you that it is okay. People grow and I was bound to outgrow your lap one day. But I will never outgrow your heart. Your kind, selfless heart. I will never let a day go by without trying to make you proud of your only daughter. I may have not been the best portray of it but I can promise you, I will never stop avidly trying. You tell me you are growing old and you fear that. I cannot imagine the day I will not see you at sight on the daily anymore. I refuse to live a life like that but that choice is not mine to make. It is His. And I hope Allah S.W.T allows many more years of you because when your fear is leaving, mine is being left.

You put me ahead of yourself. I will never understand that big of an act of selflessness, and I will live my life everyday trying to strive it.

Everyday you are special, but today, you get a blog post.

Happy birthday dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment