Friday, December 27, 2013

Faux Dreams.

1:47 AM. I tend to describe my situation and surroundings in my writings because I want people to imagine me as I do. I am on my undone bed, with a half sipped cup of warm green tea latte on my left hand and typing with my right. In oversized pajama bottoms and a purposely messed up ponytail. 

I am caught in a dilemma. And time hasn't been by my side. If it were up to me, I'd be on a small balcony having strong caffeine somewhere in Rome at mid July watching gondolas row by below me. Breathing on dry summer air. But it wasn't my decision to make. For a good one year, I had kept a journal with me. Not some cliché teen girl white trash diary, but ones that I wrote in small portions. I wrote down feelings that was only allowed to be expressed through the wonders of two things, a pen and paper. As days went by, I was more inspired and the content of my journal started to grow. As well as my love for it. The whole purpose was for me to keep track of my feelings. And among one of the many writings in that rusty and beaten up mint green journal, behold a list of things. List of things I will do in the year 2013. I titled it as, "Things I will do in 2013" duh. Taken exactly from the journal, it listed,

Fall in love
Write more
Learn a new activity
Make new friends
Be more positive
Read more books
Go out more
Fill up this journal
Learn more
Get more involved
Go to concerts

And then I ran out of lines. Out of everything that was written down, I only hadn't fully done one that was worthy enough to be checked as completed. And that, lovelies, is for you to keep wonder. 2013 was truly, honestly, genuinely, one of the best years of my life. Possibly even the best. But it is too soon to say I'm afraid however I am pleased and content with joy because I know next year, in the year 2014, will not be a good one. But fuck that because it made up for all the good things that happened to me this year. I truly am blessed. As quoted by young and wise Emma Morley, "Whatever happens tomorrow, we've had today."

No comments:

Post a Comment