Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Everything I love and More.

I fall in love at the calmness that comes along with the sound of raindrops. The smell of coffee in the morning. Flowers by the street. I fall in love with the spark in people's eyes when they talk about the things they are passionate about. When boys are well dressed. The light in people when they see the person they love. Rain on Sunday mornings. I fall in love when my mum laughs at my tacky jokes. When the cute Starbucks barista puts a heart at the end of my name. When waiters are nice. When strangers smile back. I fall in love every time I read a good book. That perfect fictional character. When a book makes me tear up and laugh in the period of seconds. I fall in love at random acts of kindness. The smell of air before it rains. The smell of old books. And how it looks.

I fall in love with 3 AM conversations. When nothing else but the truth comes out. Understanding people. And every time I go on short vacations, to a city where I am no one but a stranger to all. Loud, abnoxious singing in the car. Random dancing at public places. I fall in love at the sight of happiness. The sound of laughter and exchange of words. Good company. Being with someone you cherish and do absolutely nothing but still having the time of your life. Because they matter that much. I fall in love with how funny the world works. How sometimes it doesn't even make any sense.

I fall in love again every time you say my name. All those sentimental things you say to me when you know I hate them, but it makes me laugh anyways. And when I turn to look at you, you're already looking. Smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment