Monday, August 26, 2013

Dear 50 Year Old Self.

Dear 50 year old self,

I hope you're living somewhere where it's nice and quiet. Away from all the hecticness of the city. You've had enough of that. Waking up to the sound of birds singing outside your window. I hope you have found the love of your life. And wake up every morning next to him while you watch him sleep as sunlight beams through the curtains slowly. Make him breakfast and ocasionally he makes them for you, too. I hope you two still kiss each other like it's the first time. Have small talks while you wait for the coffee to cool. And go on date nights every Fridays. I hope you had raised two lovely daughters and a son. Three who loves you very much. I hope you are happily retired from being a lawyer, while taking over your mother's business at the same time. And on your free time you bake and read. I hope you finished hundreds of books. I hope you've spent a quarter of your time travelling with the love of your life. I hope you've seen every part of the south of France, Venice and San Francisco. All the places you've always dreamed of seeing when you were sixteen. I hope you collect Hard Rock t-shirts. I hope you graduated with a law degree in the UK. I hope you have lived in a tiny studio apartment in central London. I hope you speak 13 different languages. I hope you have a good relationship with your siblings. And that you visit your parents' grave every now and then. With flowers. I hope you're still calling your bestfriends when you were sixteen, your bestfriends now. I hope you have met all kinds of people from all around the world. And along the way, heard their stories. I hope you've learned everything there is to learn about life. I hope you have achieved everything you have ever wanted to achieve. And you wake up everyday with a smile.

Most importantly, I hope you're happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment