Wednesday, June 3, 2015

A Monthly Favourites #1: May 2015.

Beauty


1. Essence Lip Liner in 04 Honey Bun and 11 In The Nude. I have always been an avid believer in matte lipsticks however now I prefer matte lip liners. The pointed end of a lip liner gives a more precise finish to the lips. It gives more control, making the process of appliance precisely less difficult. Beyond for the price it has to offer, the Essence Lip Liner glides on an incredible creamy texture. Worn underneath a layer of lipstick for a long lasting effect, I wear this both on it's own and along with the varies of other lip products for a more vibrant colour outcome. The colours, Honey Bun and In The Nude, are also moderate enough for daily wear. Purchase it HERE.

2. Miss Dior Chérie Eau De Parfum. Described to be as fruity and floral, the Miss Dior fragrance was inspired by love and romance. The lingering smell of fresh citrus and jasmine heart is what I am fond, besides it's obvious adorable glass bottle. My mother and I are both avid collectors of perfumes of all sorts, I own a collection that would last me at least two lifetimes yet recently I have been gravitated towards this classic most. To purchase the Miss Dior Chérie, click HERE.

3. Wet 'n' Wild Ultimate Eyebrow Kit in E963 Ash Brown. If the eyes are the windows to the soul then the brows are there to either make or break an entire look, whether or not it is realized. This five piece set is not only complete but compact enough to be travelled with, making last minute make-up applying on the go a breeze. I bought this early January from a drugstore in Jakarta and I haven't used anything else on the hairs of my brows ever since. The colour is an almost perfect match. Besides being affordable, the Wet 'n' Wild Ultimate Eyebrow Kit also offers several other shades according to one's preference. If one was wondering what I was ever using for my eyebrows, it's this. And only this now. To purchase it, click HERE.

4. Urban Decay De-Slick Makeup Setting Spray. Unfortunately I was stuck with skin that is not ideal to go along with make-up. And I live in a country where the weather does not allow it either. I wear this after my base, and then once more in an "X" motion on my face after I have completed with the entire make-up. The De-Slick mists on weightlessly to oil control and features patented Temperature Control Technology to lower the temperature of your make-up to help it in staying put. Leaving the face with a matte finish. Purchase it HERE.

5. Diorshow Waterproof Mascara. The mascara is one of the most important step I apply into my daily make-up routine. With that, I am constantly on search for new mascaras to be loved. And I am in love with this one. In a mascara I look for a wet formula, elongates the lashes and does not leave a clump finish. Not a believer in massive lashes of messy clumps and spider feet. I became interested with the mascaras Dior has to offer after I bought my first one. I have owned and used up several tubes but this is certainly a favourite. To purchase, click HERE.

6. M.A.C Lusture Lipstick in Budding Love. Limited edition from the Chen Man Love and Water collection, the lipstick gives off a beautiful sheer pink with a purple undertone. I wear this lightly dapped on it's own and extra centered. The Budding Love lipstick glides smoothly at the same time giving the lips a slight moisture, saving my lips from often being too dried. To purchase the following product, click HERE

7. Primark Nail Polishes in Satin and Bare. These two came in a box set of four but stood out the most. I had this purchased during my London holiday in 2012 however only got around to using it proper recently. I fell in love instantly. I prefer more muted and neutral colours to the nails as I feel it flatters the tone of the skin most. And these two colours, Satin, a grey and blue fade. While, Bare, an eggshell nude with an earth undertone are the perfect two colours for someone with a taste like myself. The formula of the two nail polishes are beyond as they glide smooth and are completely opaque at one coat. For the price it offers at 2 pounds, these are products worth trying.

8. Dior Lip Glow Colour Reviver Balm in Pink. As I suffer from severe chapped lips-but then again, don't we all?-and the scorching Malaysian weather does not make it any less, this particular product has been a saver for me often. Hands down, the best lip moisturizing product I have ever owned. Formulated with colour reviver technology, I wear this on it's own and it enhances the lips with the internal body's natural glow. Leaving a subtle, natural sheer pink finish. Contains SPF 10, necessary for the protection of your lips from the harmful rays. Purchase it HERE.

Non-beauty


1. iPhone 6 in Silver.
2. Bath and Body Works Fall Scented Candle in Flannel.
3. Toywatch watch.
4. IKEA Mini Cacti set.
5. Ray Ban Ombré Sunglasses.

Music

Listen to the music I have been loving throughout the month of May:


No comments:

Post a Comment