Sunday, April 13, 2014

Darling, How Did We Get Here?

"To Ted Evelyn Mosby, a man with more emotional endurance than anyone I know. It was a long, difficult road. Thank God we finally got here." 

"Aunt Lily wasn't wrong. It was a time along difficult road. But I'm glad it was long and difficult because if I hadn't gone through hell to get there, the lesson might not have been as clearer. You see kids, right from the moment I met your mom I knew. I have to love this woman as much as I can for as long as I can and I can never stop loving her not even for a second. I carry that lesson with me through every stupid fight we ever had, every 5AM Christmas morning, every sleepy Sunday afternoon, through every speed bump, every paying of jealousy or boredom or uncertainty that came our way... I carry that lesson with me. And I carried it with me when she got sick. Even then, in what only can be called the worst of times, all I could do was thank God... thank every God there is or ever was or ever will be. And the whole universe. And everyone I could possibly thank. When I saw that beautiful girl on that train platform and that I had the guts to stand up, walk over to her, tap her on the shoulder, open my mouth and speak." 

"And that kids... is how I met your mother."

No comments:

Post a Comment