Sunday, April 8, 2012

Travel Diary #1: Spring Feelings.

There I was. Standing on the balcony of my hotel, glancing at an amazing view of Paris. It just lights up so beautifully at night. It was rather cold at 2 in the morning. The only thing that was keeping me warm was the hazelnut coffee I had on my right palm. And also the incredibly large sweater I had on to go with my polka-doted pair of socks.

We arrived on a lovely Saturday morning. 7am to be precise. The same day we checked into the hotel and went straight to the Eiffel Tower.

I have pictured how beautiful the Eiffel tower is. But I never thought that it would be that amazing. The structure of it, that rusty bronze colour it was painted with. What I saw that day was just breathtaking. All the thoughts and worries that was running through my mind. Gone. I had forgotten how knackered I was before. Those 14 hours of flight felt like minutes. And just seeing how incredible Paris was, at that moment, I knew those 14 hours was worth it. So there we were. Just inches away from the Eiffel tower. All four of us cuddling in our thick coats and leather gloves. Giggling.

We spent hours there. Just staring. My eyes lost in the view just steps away from where I was standing. Trying to get the used to the whole idea of what I was seeing right before my eyes, was real life. The only thing that went through my mind was how fortunate I was. I was having tea in front of the Eiffel tower. It was a painting. It was a second close to perfection.

Arc De Triomphe was beautifully placed at the middle of a busy roundabout. The first thing that caught my eyes was how massive it was. The architecture of it amazed me so much. Every inch of it was perfectly painted with pale golden brown. Whenever we would take the tour bus, I would just observe every each sides of it one by one, while the bus makes a whole complete round. It was art. We had buttered croissants at a local coffee joint at the streets of Champ Elysees. The breezy cold air just makes it taste better. Everything from Prada to Hermes was along the streets of Champ Elysees. As I was sipping on some hot coffee, I would observe at everyone who was passing by from top to bottom. I noticed most of them was foreigners. But it wasn't much different anyways.

I slept that night with the biggest grin on my face, as I was sinking myself on the soft satin bed sheets, lingering through the sheer window curtains. I would just stare at that remarkable view outside my window for hours until I had fallen asleep. Every other night was no different.

We would spend our nights walking around the city of Paris. Exploring every inch of what we could see. Everywhere I looked was a view. Breakfast was usually spent at a nearby park just a couple blocks away from our hotel. I would sit on the brown rusty bench as I eat a sandwich along with a cup of hot chocolate to go down with and just observe at everything that was happening around me. I'd see smart business men rushing to work, kids running around at the park, people cycling along the streets and ridiculously attractive guys walking with their venti-sized Starbucks cups. However, lunch was a different thing. We would usually have picnics on sunny days and stayed inside when it was too cold. There was this beautiful park nearby the Eiffel tower. Not too far. It was right below of it. We would sink ourselves on thin fresh cut grass and munch on our kebabs. I listen to the sound of birds chirping. Music to my ears. As I was sinking my eyes at the Eiffel tower while having lunch under the beautiful spring air of Paris. At that moment, I knew I wouldn't rather be doing anything else in the world.

Leaving wasn't that bad. We went crazy last minute shopping on our last night. I could tell how happy mum was to be standing at the head quarters of Chanel at one of the many streets of Rue Cambon. Massive it was I would say. Everything inside was as well. Swap. Goes her credit card and just like that, the pair of Chanel shoes she has had her eyes on since forever was finally hers. Grinning while she makes her way to the perfectly polished glass door with the sign EXIT  right above it. The white and black Chanel paper bag she was holding on her left palm was one of the biggest reasons we came here in the first place.

One day when I'll be turning 50. I will look back on this very day and remember of what a good time I had with my loved ones. I finally understood why they called it the "City Of Love" because that was the only thing I felt. Ironically, my goodbye greeting is in French which is super relevant right now haha. Oh well,

Restez jolie et au revoir, x

No comments:

Post a Comment